The Student News Site of Glenbard North High School

The North Current

The North Current

The North Current

Homecoming 2023 – A Sweet Tradition Continues at North

Alexa Prez ‘26, Mal Evans ‘25, Vicky Moczydlowski ‘26, Becca Marney ‘26, Aspen Alaniz ‘25, Shane Griffin ‘24, Gineth Mendoza ‘25, and Ava Abraham ‘26

Don’t be an airhead and miss out on Glenbard North’s fall spectacular.  You might hear snickers from your classmates if you don’t participate.  You’ll feel like you’re floating through the milky way as you dance with your friends and classmates.  This year’s Glenbard North’s Homecoming theme will be Candyland.

Homecoming Week starts off with Spirit Days.  Put on your joggers and hoodies for Adam Sandler day on Monday, September 25. On Tuesday, September 26, we will have Country vs Country Club.  Will you wear jeans and a flannel or your preppiest outfit?  Feeling pink or are you more of a dark soul?  Barbie vs Oppenheimer Day is on Wednesday, September 27. On Thursday, September 28, we will have Tropical Day, so break out your Hawaiian shirts and beach-ready outfits. Don’t forget to show your Panther pride on Friday, September 29, Black and Gold Spirit Day.

There will be three events prior to the Homecoming dance: the Pep Assembly, the Power Puff Game, and the Homecoming Football Game. On Wednesday, September 27, the Pep Assembly and the Powder Puff game will be outside at the football field from 6:00 to 6:30 PM for any students, staff, and parents that want to attend. The Glenbard North High School football team will play against Lake Park on Friday, September 29 on Weber Field. The game will start off with the sophomore game which will start at 4:30 PM and the varsity game will start at 7:00 PM. The theme for the game will be white out. In order for students to attend the home football game and next week’s Homecoming dance, students with any unserved detentions must serve all of their detentions before attending these events. Lunch detentions should be served during periods 4, 5, and 6 in Room 1561 or 7th period in Room 1201 prior to these events. 

For many students, the most exciting part of Homecoming Week is the Homecoming dance.  The dance will be in the gym from 6:00 to 9:00 PM on Saturday, September 30. Students must present their school ID and their ticket when entering the building. Students will be able to bring a guest at the dance, but guests must be under 21 years of age. Students will be able to get a guest pass in the Dean’s Office. Guests will be allowed to attend the Homecoming dance as long as they present a valid ID. A photo booth and food trucks will be outside in the Panther Court.  The food trucks that will be selling food outside in the courtyard will be Billy Bricks Pizza,The Taco Shop, and The Creamery. They will accept cash, card, or Apple Pay. Tickets for the dance will be sold online at GoFan from September 21-29 for $25 and on September 30, the tickets cost $40. 

Join us and all of the smarties at Glenbard North in celebrating this sweet week! 

Donate to The North Current
$70
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Glenbard North High School. Your contribution will allow us to pay for training sessions and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Andrea Rodriguez, Co-editor-in-Chief
Andrea Rodriguez is a Senior at Glenbard North and a Co-Editor for the North Current. She enjoys reading and writing, and plans to study Political Science to become a Criminal defense lawyer.
Donate to The North Current
$70
$500
Contributed
Our Goal